Are you a student who wants to work at one of North America’s largest integrated energy companies? We're looking for enthusiastic individuals who are seeking real-world experience.
We offer students a variety of technical and non-technical positions with opportunities for on-the-job experience. We're committed to your learning and development, in and out of the workplace. In addition to the day-to-day work, you’ll have the opportunity to attend networking events, participate in volunteer initiatives through our Cenovus Cares program and get the chance to connect with fellow students at a variety of events.
Our student positions for 2024 are currently open! Review current opportunities here.
- Our Student Program consists of co-op, summer, and practicum student opportunities.
- Student work terms are typically anywhere from four to 16 months in length.
- We plan three rounds of student intakes per year, in January, May and September.
- Placements are available in Canada and the U.S.
Applicants to our student positions must be:
- Legally authorized to work in the country indicated in the posting.
- A current student in good academic standing enrolled in a program as indicated in the posting, with a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Enrolled in and actively working toward an undergraduate or advanced degree.
Training and development
- Positions will provide meaningful and valuable work experience for students and allow you to learn more about the industry and your chosen discipline.
- Depending on their position, students may be required to take job-specific training provided either by Cenovus or through external training programs, paid for by Cenovus.
Networking and mentorship opportunities
- All participants are assigned a Cenovus buddy. The buddy is typically a senior member or alumni of the New Grad Program and acts as an additional resource and support for the student.
- Depending on the role, the supervisor may decide to assign a technical mentor to support the student.
- Students are encouraged to attend networking, mentorship, learning, volunteering, and social events that are hosted by the New Grad Committee.