Are you a student who wants to work at one of North America’s largest integrated energy companies? We're looking for enthusiastic individuals who are seeking real-world experience.
We offer students a variety of technical and non-technical positions with opportunities for on-the-job experience. We're committed to your learning and development, in and out of the workplace. In addition to the day-to-day work, you’ll have the opportunity to attend networking events, participate in volunteer initiatives through our Cenovus Cares program and get the chance to connect with fellow students at a variety of events.
Our student positions for 2023 are currently open! Review current opportunities here.
- Our Student Program consists of co-op, summer, and practicum student opportunities.
- Student work terms are typically anywhere from four to 16 months in length.
- We plan three rounds of student intakes per year, in January, May and September.
- Placements are available in Canada and the U.S.
Applicants to our student positions must be:
- Legally authorized to work in the country indicated in the posting.
- A current student in good academic standing enrolled in a program as indicated in the posting, with a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Enrolled in and actively working toward an undergraduate or advanced degree.
Training and development
- Positions will provide meaningful and valuable work experience for students and allow you to learn more about the industry and your chosen discipline.
- Depending on their position, students may be required to take job-specific training provided either by Cenovus or through external training programs, paid for by Cenovus.
Networking and mentorship opportunities
- All participants are assigned a Cenovus buddy. The buddy is typically a senior member or alumni of the New Grad Program and acts as an additional resource and support for the student.
- Depending on the role, the supervisor may decide to assign a technical mentor to support the student.
- Students are encouraged to attend networking, mentorship, learning, volunteering, and social events that are hosted by the New Grad Committee.
Want to join our team? Check out our latest job openings.