New Grad Program
Our New Grad Program accelerates the development of employees who are just starting out in their careers, with the goal of developing and mentoring future leaders of Cenovus. We recruit new grads from multiple disciplines, including engineering, geosciences, business, IT, finance and accounting.
- Our New Grad Program is three years in length.
- Program participants are expected to complete three, 12-month work assignments. This may include being placed in a variety of work or site locations.
- Each discipline has a variety of possible rotation assignments available and will focus on giving participants a variety of experience within their discipline.
Training and development
- Each discipline within our New Grad Program has pre-determined learning paths (training courses) participants are expected to complete.
- Learning paths will consist of technical and business/professional courses.
- Depending on their position, participants may be required to take job-specific training provided either by Cenovus or through external training programs, paid for by Cenovus.
Networking and mentorship opportunities
- During their first year, all participants are assigned a Cenovus buddy. The buddy is typically a senior member or alumni of the New Grad Program and acts as an additional resource and support for the incoming new grad.
- Depending on the rotation, supervisors may decide to also assign a technical mentor to support the new grad.
- New grads are eligible and encouraged to participate in the company-wide Mentorship Program.
- New grads are encouraged to attend networking, mentorship, learning, volunteering, and social events that are hosted by the New Grad Committee.
- Eligible employees can work from home one day a week (role permitting) with our Workplace Flexibility Program.
- Rotational schedule as developed with input from the new grad to their Program Advisor.
- Field assignments (for engineering).
- Relocation assistance (if eligible).
- Professional membership fee reimbursement.
- Safety training.
Upon successful completion of the New Grad Program, participants are matched to a regular employee position within Cenovus based on business need and available opportunities within the organization, as well as their career aspirations, experience and performance.