Cenovus and Husky transaction
On January 1, 2021 Cenovus Energy combined with Husky Energy, creating the second largest Canadian oil and natural gas producer and refiner and upgrader.
The combined company operates as Cenovus Energy, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, thermal and conventional crude oil and natural gas projects across Western Canada, crude oil production offshore Newfoundland and Labrador and natural gas and liquids production offshore China and Indonesia. Downstream operations include upgrading, refining and marketing operations in Canada and the Unites States.
- January 4, 2021 – Cenovus closes transaction to combine with Husky
- December 21, 2020 – Strategic combination plan receives all key regulatory approvals
- December 16, 2020 – Cenovus and Husky announce Court of Queen’s Bench approval of proposed business combination
- December 15, 2020 – Cenovus and Husky shareholders approve proposed business combination
- November 20, 2020 – Cenovus and Husky announce leadership team for combined company
- November 16, 2020 – Cenovus and Husky to hold special shareholder meetings on proposed Plan of Arrangement
- October 25, 2020 – Cenovus and Husky hold joint conference call and webcast on transaction