Eligibility criteria for applying for funding
If you have a project or program and would like to apply for funding, please review our focus areas and the eligibility criteria below prior to completing the online application form.
- The organization must serve communities where Cenovus does business
- The organization should be a registered charity which is eligible to issue official tax receipts for donations, or an established not-for-profit community organization
- The objectives of the organization must align with Cenovus’s business objectives and reflect the principles of our areas of focus - giving youth a chance and strong families and safe communities
- The organization must be in sound financial condition
- Organizations are asked to provide financial statements, program or event budgets and other financial information to support their application
Limitations and exclusions
Except in special circumstances as determined by Cenovus, community investment donations will not be made in support of the following:
- Religious organizations (except for those with non-faith based purposes)
- Third-party fundraisers
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Political events
Cenovus employees offer their time to non-profit and charitable organizations through volunteerism in many areas. Organizations should not assume that Cenovus employee participation automatically pre-qualifies them for funding.