Our Integrity Helpline is an anonymous way for stakeholders to share their concerns with how we conduct our operations, including if our staff aren’t complying with our policies, practices, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics or Expect Respect™ guiding principles.
If you have concerns or you want to know more about the conduct we expect of our employees, contractors and service providers, we want to hear from you. Your feedback helps us continuously improve our ability to develop our resources responsibly and safely.
We use a third-party company to manage our Integrity Helpline intake process to ensure all reports and questions are kept confidential and anonymous, if desired.
Issues that we want to hear from you about include, but are not limited to:
- Of any statute, regulation, rule or Cenovus policy or practice
- Of our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Of accounting standards, internal accounting controls or auditing matters
- Of our complainant protection practice
- Of environmental, occupational health and safety legislation
- Of our Expect Respect™ guiding principles
- Harassment or other inappropriate workplace conduct
- Unsafe work practices
- Fraudulent activities or theft
- Coercion of Cenovus's external or internal auditors or any attempt to improperly affect our financial statements or financial reporting practices
In addition to the Integrity Helpline, Cenovus employees are also encouraged to discuss concerns they have with their supervisors or Human Resources. Contractors and service providers can also report concerns to their primary Cenovus contact.
If, for any reason, these channels aren't appropriate, concerns can be reported directly to the Integrity Helpline.