Community investment: Guidelines
If you have a project or program and would like to apply for funding, please review our focus areas page and the eligibility criteria below prior to completing the online application form.
- The organization must be located and serving communities within the vicinity of a Cenovus location.
- The organization should be a registered charity which is eligible to issue official tax receipts for donations, or an established not-for-profit community organization.
- The objectives of the organization must reflect the principles of Cenovus's three pillars of giving - learning, safety and well-being, and sustainable communities.
- The organization must be in sound financial condition or be able to demonstrate that it has an effective plan for eliminating any financial difficulties.
Limitations and exclusions
Except in special circumstances as determined by Cenovus, community investment donations will not be made in support of the following:
- Religious organizations (except for those with non-faith based purposes)
- Third-party fundraisers
- Professional conventions, conferences or seminars, unless industry related
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Organizations located outside of the regions or communities where Cenovus does business
- Political events
Cenovus employees offer their time to non-profit and charitable organizations through volunteerism in many areas. Organizations should not assume that Cenovus employee participation automatically pre-qualifies them for funding.