Corporate responsibility reporting
A balanced approach
Our commitment to corporate responsibility – finding the balance between strong environmental performance, economic prosperity and social well-being – is key to how we work.
We recognize the importance of reporting in an open and accountable way. We disclose the information that’s required by law and regulation, and also information that more broadly describes our activities, policies, opportunities and risks.
We produce our corporate responsibility report every year in late June to outline our performance for the previous year. The report highlights our successes and points out some areas where we could have done better and how we plan to address them in the following year.
We’ve gained global attention from sustainability experts for our corporate responsibility efforts including:
- Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index seven years running. We’re one of only three Canadian oil and gas producers to make the index in 2016.
- Maclean’s magazine and Sustainalytics 2015 Top 50 Socially Responsible Corporations in Canada for the third year in a row
- Corporate Knights magazine 2016 Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada for the sixth consecutive year
- Placed in the Leadership level of the annual CDP Climate Change Report. This is our seventh year in a row being recognized – acknowledging our significant efforts to reduce GHG emissions and to integrate climate change considerations into all business decisions.
- Euronext Vigeo World 120 Index for responsible performance
- FTSE4Good Index series and MSCI Global Sustainability Index series. These internationally recognized benchmarks are designed to measure the performance of companies demonstrating strong environmental, social and governance practices