Deep Basin supplier invoicing requirements
Cenovus has acquired most of ConocoPhillips’ Deep Basin conventional properties in Alberta and British Columbia. As part of the acquisition, Cenovus will be taking over certain contracts that relate to the following Deep Basin properties:
- Clearwater (east and west)
- Horn River
- Other small properties in the Deep Basin region
If your company provides goods or services to any of the above Deep Basin properties after the closing date of May 17, 2017, until you are notified otherwise by Cenovus, please invoice ConocoPhillips Canada as an agent for Cenovus Energy Inc. by following these instructions:
- Continue to use the current process of invoicing the appropriate ConocoPhillips Canada legal entity through ePayables or iPay
- Include a reference on your invoice, stating: ConocoPhillips Canada as an agent for Cenovus Energy Inc.
- Your payment will come from ConocoPhillips Canada
Invoices will be rejected and sent back to vendors if:
- The invoice does not include the proper reference to Cenovus Energy Inc.
- The invoice is for goods or services provided at Deep Basin properties prior to the closing date of May 17, 2017
- The invoice for goods or services provided at Deep Basin properties does not follow the instructions above or is sent directly to Cenovus Energy Inc.
- The invoice combines services or materials for Deep Basin properties and other Cenovus properties
- separate invoices for goods or services provided for the Deep Basin are required until you are notified otherwise by Cenovus
If your company currently provides goods or services to other Cenovus properties, please continue to follow the standard Cenovus invoicing instructions.