Click on current opportunities (or student opportunities), find the job you're applying for and click Apply Now to start creating your own profile.
If you've previously registered your profile with us, find the job you'd like to apply for and click Apply Now to update your resume and profile.
You'll receive an automated email confirming that we have received your resume and profile.
You cannot contact the hiring lead. Our human resources recruiters will screen all resumes before they're forwarded to the hiring lead.
Your profile and resume are kept in a secure, confidential database so you can update your information on a regular basis and apply for new job postings that are of interest to you. Your profile is maintained until you remove it or request that it be removed from our database. The personal information you provide may be stored with a third-party service provider located in the United States and may be accessible by courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in accordance with the laws of that jurisdiction.
Log in to your profile and click Update your profile to make any changes.
If you forget your password to log in to your profile click on the Retrieve Password link below the login screen. Your password will be sent to your email address.
The most effective way for you to be considered for opportunities at Cenovus is to submit your resume online at www.cenovus.com.
Yes. Please apply to each position of interest that matches your experience and the requirements as specified by the position. Your application will be considered against each job for which you apply.
You can update your resume by logging into your candidate profile and uploading your updated resume in a word document format.
No, you only have one profile; any changes made to your profile, which include your resume and cover letter, will show up with any job you've applied for.
- After the posting closes, our recruiters will be assessing all resumes of the candidates who applied
- Within a few days of the posting close date, recruiters will forward qualified candidates who meet minimum requirements to the hiring lead
- Hiring leads will then shortlist to choose the top qualified candidates that they would like to interview. This can take one to two weeks from the posting close date typically
- Recruitment team member will then contact candidates selected for an interview
- Interviews will take place one to three weeks after posting closes
- Hiring lead will make a decision on candidates interviewed
- All candidates who were interviewed will get a phone call with outcome of interview process, normally two to three weeks after the interview
- Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we're unable to respond to all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Our operations are throughout Western Canada. Many require that you relocate closer to the operation and some allow you to remain where you currently live. In the overview of the position you'll be able to view whether relocation is a requirement of the position. If it is, we have a comprehensive relocation package that will assist you with your move.
Our job postings indicate a Job Location. Here is some information for our two largest operations in the oil sands.
- Foster Creek is located in the middle of the Cold Lake Air Weapons Range in northeast Alberta. Many positions require that you relocate to the Cold Lake/Bonnyville area. We offer relocation assistance for you to do that. Cenovus provides bus transportation to and from site for these communities.
- Our Christina Lake facility is a fly-in camp facility situated approximately 150 kilometres south of Fort McMurray, Alberta. All positions require that you stay in camp for the duration of your shift. Transportation is provided to site from various departure points; including bus service from Cold Lake/La Corey, Red Deer and Lac La Biche, and air service from the following locations, Edmonton, Calgary, Medicine Hat, Saskatoon and Lloydminster.