- How do I create my profile?
- Do I need to create a new profile if I've already applied for a position?
- How will I know if Cenovus received my resume and profile?
- Can I contact the hiring lead directly?
- How long will my resume and profile be kept in Cenovus's database?
- How do I update my profile?
- Who do I contact if I forgot my password to log in to my profile?
- Can I send my resume via fax or mail?
- What if I am interested in multiple positions? Can I apply more to more than one position?
- How do I update my resume?
- Can I have different profiles/cover letters for different jobs I apply for?
- What happens after I apply for a position?
- Do I need to relocate for positions with Cenovus?
- How do I get to the field site?
How do I create my profile?
Click on current opportunities (or student opportunities), find the job you're applying for and click Apply Now to start creating your own profile.Do I need to create a new profile if I've already applied for a position?
If you've previously registered your profile with us, find the job you'd like to apply for and click Apply Now to update your resume and profile.How will I know if Cenovus received my resume and profile?
You'll receive an automated email confirming that we have received your resume and profile.Can I contact the hiring lead directly?
Sorry, you cannot contact the hiring lead. Our human resources recruiters will screen all resumes before they're forwarded to the hiring lead.How long will my resume and profile be kept in Cenovus's database?
Your profile and resume are kept in a secure, confidential database so you can update your information on a regular basis and apply for new job postings that are of interest to you. Your profile is maintained until you remove it or request that it be removed from our database. The personal information you provide may be stored with a third-party service provider located in the United States and may be accessible by courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in accordance with the laws of that jurisdiction.How do I update my profile?
Log in to your profile and click Update your profile to make any changes.Who do I contact if I forgot my password to log in to my profile?
If you forget your password to log in to your profile click on the Retrieve Password link below the login screen. Your password will be sent to your email address.Can I send my resume via fax or mail??
The most effective way for you to be considered for opportunities at Cenovus is to submit your resume online at www.cenovus.com.What if I am interested in multiple positions? Can I apply to more than one position?
Yes. Please apply to each position of interest that matches your experience and the requirements as specified by the position. Your application will be considered against each job for which you apply.How do I update my resume?
You can update your resume by logging into your candidate profile and uploading your updated resume in a word document format.Can I have different profiles/cover letters for different jobs I apply for?
No, you only have one profile; any changes made to your profile, which include your resume and cover letter, will show up with any job you've applied for.What happens after I apply for a position?
- After the posting closes, our recruiters will be assessing all resumes of the candidates who applied
- Within a few days of the posting close date, recruiters will forward qualified candidates who meet minimum requirements to the hiring lead
- Hiring leads will then shortlist to choose the top qualified candidates that they would like to interview. This can take 1-2 weeks from the posting close date typically
- Recruitment team member will then contact candidates selected for an interview
- Interviews will take place 1-3 weeks after posting closes
- Hiring lead will make a decision on candidates interviewed
- All candidates who were interviewed will get a phone call with outcome of interview process, normally 2-3 weeks after the interview
- Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we're unable to respond to all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Our operations are throughout Western Canada. Many require that you relocate closer to the operation and some allow you to remain where you currently live. In the overview of the position you'll be able to view whether relocation is a requirement of the position. If it is, we have a comprehensive relocation package that will assist you with your move.How do I get to the field site?
Our job postings indicate a "Job Location". Here is some information for our two largest operations in the oil sands.
- Foster Creek is located in the middle of the Cold Lake Air Weapons Range in northeast Alberta. Many positions require that you relocate to the Cold Lake/Bonnyville area. We offer relocation assistance for you to do that. Cenovus provides bus transportation to and from site for these communities.
- Christina Lake is located 120 kilometres south of Fort McMurray. All positions require that you stay in camp for the duration of your shift. We provide transportation from designated points. Currently we have air transportation from Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Lloydminster, Saskatoon, and Medicine Hat. We provide ground transportation from the Cold Lake/Bonnyville/Lac La Biche corridor.