We contribute to the strength and sustainability of the communities where we work and live. We believe that investing in education creates a strong foundation for a bright future. This is why we're supporting the post-secondary education of Aboriginal students in communities where we operate.
Our Aboriginal Scholarship program is designed around three main objectives:
- To encourage Aboriginal students to pursue and complete post-secondary education
- To increase the number of Aboriginal professionals and role models in communities where we operate
- To further the potential for local employment in the oil and gas industry
Each year, we offer up to 10 scholarships for Aboriginal students residing in our operating areas who are pursuing a full-time degree, diploma or certified trade. These scholarships are valued at $3,500.
If you qualify, fill out an application today. The deadline to submit your application is October 31, 2016.
Aboriginal Scholarship eligibility criteria
- Applicant package must be complete and received prior to deadline
- Applicant must be a resident of Alberta and residing within proximity of a Cenovus operating area
- Applicant must provide proof of Aboriginal status
- Applicant must be enrolled at an accredited post secondary institution, in a full-time program leading to a recognized degree, diploma or certified trade
- Program of study
- Community involvement
- Career goals
- Academic achievement
- Financial need