What's important to us
At Cenovus, we‘re committed to being a responsible developer of one of Canada’s most valuable resources – the oil sands. We apply fresh, progressive thinking to minimize our impact on the environment while safely producing energy resources the world needs.
We are proud of how we’re developing this resource and we stand behind our actions.
- We make safety a priority at our work sites and in the communities where we operate
- We foster a vibrant work environment that encourages diverse and innovative ideas
- We build strong relationships and invest in our communities to help residents share in our success
- We support economic development in Aboriginal communities near our operations – including about $1.8 billion spent since 2009 on goods and services supplied by Aboriginal businesses
- We value innovative thinking, which helps us continue to improve our environmental performance in areas such as water use, land disturbance and greenhouse gas emissions
- We collaborate with our peers, academics, governments and others to address the issues facing our industry
- We focus on achieving predictable, reliable performance and maintaining the company’s financial resilience