At Cenovus, we‘re committed to being a responsible developer of one of Canada’s most valuable resources – the oil sands. We apply fresh, progressive thinking to minimize our impact on the environment while safely producing energy resources the world needs. And we take great pride in what we do and in how we do it.
What’s important to us:
- Making safety a priority at our work sites and in the communities where we operate
- Fostering a vibrant work environment that encourages diverse and innovative ideas
- Building strong relationships and investing in our communities to help residents share in our success
- Supporting economic development in our Aboriginal communities near our operations – including more than $1 billion spent since 2009 on goods and services supplied by Aboriginal businesses
- Being innovative to help us continue to improve our environmental performance in areas such as water, land and greenhouse gases
- Collaborating with our peers, academics, governments and others to address the issues facing our industry
- Achieving predictable, reliable performance and delivering on our commitments to stakeholders
We’re focused on the growth of our vast oil sands assets in northern Alberta, where we drill for oil and use specialized methods to pump it to the surface. We also have established conventional natural gas and oil production in Alberta and Saskatchewan and 50 percent ownership in two U.S. refineries. Cenovus is one of Canada’s top 25 largest companies by market capitalization and our shares trade on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges under the symbol CVE. We’re based in Calgary, Alberta and have more than 5,000 staff members across our operations.